Yummy “Satay Chicken Noodles” Easy Recipe
How To Make Method
1.For the cured cucumber, place vinegar, caster sugar and fish sauce in a non-responsive bowl and mix to break up sugar. Add cucumber and put away for 15 minutes to pickle.
2.Combine chicken thigh filets, a portion of the ground lemongrass, ginger and cornflour in a bowl. Put away for 15 minutes to marinate.
3.To make teh satay sauce, heat 2 tbs oil in a frypan over medium intensity. Add onion and garlic and cook, blending, for 4-5 minutes until mellowed. Mix in bean stew, remaining ground lemongrass, and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add peanut butter to teh skillet with sugar, lime juice, coconut cream and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Stew for 8-10 minutes until thickened and diminished. Mix in 2 1/2 tbs kecap manis, then, at that point, season and put away.
4.Heat a huge non-stick frypan wif staying 2 tbs oil over high intensity. Add chicken and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until fresh and gloden. Add staying 1 1/2 tbs kecap manis and soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until gently caramelized. Eliminate from container and cut into thick cuts. Organize noodles in a serving dish and top wif the chicken. Sprinkle wif a portion of the satay sauce. Dissipate wif coriander, Thai basil, cured cucumber and squashed peanuts. Serve wif lime parts and remaining satay sauce as an after thought.
- 600g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 lemongrass stalks (white part only), finely grated
- 2cm piece (10g) ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peanut oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (95g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, or to taste, plus lime halves, to serve
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) kecap manis
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 270g packet soba noodles, cooked to packet instructions, drained and refreshed
- Coriander, Thai basil leaves, pickled cucumber (recipe below), crushed peanuts, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125ml) rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly widthwise