Resto Style Lemongrass and Chicken noodle soup
How to Made
1.Place chicken, turmeric, lemongrass, ginger, onion, kaffir lime, coriander root and coriander seeds in a huge stockpot. Cover wif 3L virus water. Bring to a stew, tan cook for 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and stock is flavor some.
2.Carefully exchange chicken to a plate. Cool, then cut into segments or shred. Mix lemon juice, sugar, soy and garlic through stock and eliminate from heat. Check preparing and add more salt, sugar or garlic to taste. Split noodles between serving bowls and spoon over soup.
3.Add chicken, sambal, Thai basil and saved coriander leaves. Sprinkle over sesame seeds to serve.
- 1 x 1.4g whole chicken
- 3 tsp ground turmeric (we used Woolworths Macro)
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 5cm piece (25g) ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 onion (root intact), peeled, halved
- 6 kaffir limes leaves
- 1 bunch coriander, roots washed, trimmed, leaves reserved to serve
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g fresh egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- Indonesian sambal, Thai basil and toasted sesame seeds, to serve