- Hite the oil in a large frost over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring regularly, for 8 to 10 minutes until the onion is softened. Add the sage and sausage and cook, breaking with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes until the meat decomposes and begins to brown. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until caramelized. Incorporate passata, broth, beans, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder and bring to a boil. Reduce the medium-soft fire and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the sausage is tender and the sauce thickens.
- Put aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Line 2 WIF baking sheets. Fold a short-circuited pastry sheet in half and place on a 36 cm tower. Place on a prepared tray and cool for 5 minutes. Repeat the sheet of wif puff pastry, driving on a 30 cm tower. Place on the second prepared tray and cool until necessary.
- Line a 22 cm 4.5 cm deep pie dish with the short-lived dough, allowing an excessive overhang paste. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, tanned garnish dough.
4.The pastries with parchment paper and cooking weights, place tanning on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is light, tanning removing weights and paper and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until it is golden and dry (if the dough increases, Pushes very slowly and slowly with a clean cloth). Cut the cooled sausage in the paste shell.
5.Chape a small hole in the center of the sheet of puff pastry to allow the steam to escape, sunbathe gently on the pie garnish, allowing the overhang of 3-4 cm.
- In excess dough and use to cut the shapes of the leaves for decoration. Using your fingers, the tarts to be tightened to seal. Brush the dough with egg washing. Arrange dough sheets on top to decorate, brush again with egg washing, sprinkle with fog with salt flakes. Bake for 1 hour 1 hour 30 minutes until the pastry is golden. Hold on for 15 minutes before serving.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 200g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup sage leaves, chopped
- 800g traditional pork sausages (such as Cumberland), casings removed
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups (500ml) passata
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 400g can four bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 x 375g sheet shortcrust pastry, thawed (we used Carême brand)
- 1 x 375g sheet puff pastry, thawed (we used Carême brand)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten