Fast Making Salmon & Sweet potato Fish Cakes
“The microwave of sweet potatoes sealed in a plastic film cuts the cooking time for these fish cakes in two”
- Prick potatate on it for the teptport of a small knife and lane in the plastic wrop.
2.Microwave at the top for 10-15 minutes until it is very tender. Reserve to cool, then the potatoes in half and remove the flesh from the skins. Place in a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, the egg, 1 tablespoon of over -cream, lemon zest and half of the dill, and mix to combine. Season. Fold the salmon, shape the mixture of fish cakes in 12 pancakes and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- When ready to cook, dust both sides of the flour fish cakes, shaking over excess. Heat the oil 1 cm in a large pan with leaves over medium-high heat and fry fish cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Combine the sure cream remaining in a bowl with lemon juice, pickles and remaining dill. Season. Serve the fish cakes with quarters of sure cream, watercress and lemon.
- 2 small (about 500g) sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 250g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125g) sour cream
- Good Twisted Juice of 1 lemon and extra wedges for serve
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ bunch dill, finely chopped
- 180g hot-smoked salmon or trout, flaked
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- Sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- ¼ cup (45g) chopped cornichons
- Watercress, to serve