Deep Fried Sandwich – Nutella Jaffle Ice Cream Sandwich
- Bird one side of each sliced bread, a tan, butter-side-down on the board. Dollop 1 TBS Nutella in the middle of 8 iris (don’t spread it, leave in a small mound). Cover with a piece of Buffalo Mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of grated Mozzarella. Cover with the remaining 8 slices of bread, the butter side.
- Work in a batch, place it in hot iron and cook for 6-7 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove the iron jaffle and a little cool.
- The contents of the pan or deepfryer with oil and heat up to 180C.
- Mantle every jaffle in flour, followed by eggs and bread crumbs. In 4 batch, fried jaffes for 2 minutes per side or until crispy and golden. Drain the paper towel.
- Sandwich 2 Jaffles together with one spoonful of ice cream and repeat to make 4 ice cream sandwiches. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
- 16 slices white bread
- 80g softened unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (110g) Nutella
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 8 pieces
- 2/3 cup (70g) grated hard mozzarella
- Sunflower oil, to deep-fry
- ¾ cup (110g) plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Icing sugar, to dust